• To provide our CLIENTS unique experience with high rate of benefits relative to price paid
• To run our business FOR CLIENTS as they are pledge of our prosperity
• To carry full responsibility for natural and cultural heritage in a regions where we are operating.
• To make every effort for development and preserving of natural and cultural heritage
• To carry full responsibility to our partners following principles of equity, openness and respect
• To be a worthy member of society who forever inputs to its development
• To respect colleagues and create conditions of work to motivate to improve their work
• To increase permanently profit of Company for creation financial incentives for employees,
owners and partners
NoviNomad Travel Company Sustainability Policy
Our travel agency takes care about people and the environment, therefore we take a number of actions that help us minimize our negative impact and maximize the positive impact on nature and communities in the directions where we conduct excursions.
Green Office Policy
Reducing paper consumption
● We have mainly switched to electronic documents; We print only when necessary and when required by partners or legislation
● Our printing machines are configured for duplex printing.
● We have developed electronic tour catalogs and have limited the printing of brochures and catalogs as much as possible; We present the catalogs of our tours to our partners on flash drives.
We completely refuse to use disposable plastic in the office
● We drink water in the office from 19 liter bottles with a pump. The bottles are reusable.
● Each employee has their own dishes, each employee brings lunch with him in his lunchbox (not disposable)
● We actively reduce the use of disposable goods and goods in disposable packaging
● We buy cleaning products in reusable packaging, which we fill again
We reduce energy consumption
● We turn off the lights when no one is in the room, and the last employee who leaves the office is responsible for ensuring that everything is turned off.
● We turn off the equipment when not in use and put the equipment in power saving mode by default.
● All lamps in our office are energy efficient.
● We do not leave chargers plugged into an outlet without a rechargeable device.
● Our office is insulated with modern double-glazed windows on the windows.
We reducing water consumption
● We regularly monitor the serviceability of taps and plumbing.
● We use a water-saving dishwasher.
We sort waste and send it for recycling
● We introduced a separate collection of waste in the office, setting up sites for temporary storage of recyclable materials and signed a contract with a company that will receive it.
● We separate all recyclable waste and arrange collection and proper disposal, including plastic, paper.
We handle hazardous substances responsibly
● We use cleaning materials that are not hazardous and have an environmental label (Leaf of Life or EU Ecolabel)
● When renovating an office, we use lead-free water-based paints
● We reduce the use of ink and toner cartridges for printing and copying
● We comply with national wastewater treatment legislation (our wastewater is collected by government agencies)
● Our new office is built using sustainable building materials to minimize negative impact on the environment.
● When choosing office equipment and other electrical appliances, we focus on the environmental rating of electronics manufacturers
● We dispose of batteries properly
We buy responsibly
● We buy only the necessary goods
● We buy locally produced products and services, including food, drinks, office supplies. Whenever possible, we support small and family-owned local businesses.
● When buying new products, we choose equipment with low energy consumption, taking into account the cost and quality
● When buying, we take into account the social responsibility and reputation of the company.
● We buy products in bulk to reduce the amount of packaging materials
● We do not purchase products containing GMOs
● Our corporate gifts for our partners, employees and even guests are made by a local social enterprise and young local artists.
We choose environmentally friendly modes of transport
● We allow our employees to work twice a week from home to limit travel time.
● We reduced the number of business trips and organize online conferences when there is no need for in-person meetings.
We are for nature conservation
● We comply with all national and local laws related to environment and nature conservation, land use and protected areas
● We provide guidance, training and information for all employees about their roles and responsibilities in relation to internal environmental practices, the importance of protecting the environment and the responsible use of natural resources
Transport is an important part of providing logistics in tourism. The overall impression of the tourist about the tour operator depends on the quality of transport. The safety of the group depends on the professional skills of the driver and those of the transport. Transport is also an important aspect of sustainable tourism, so we do our best to reduce the average level of pollution.
● We comply with all the requirements of the law of the Kyrgyz Republic (insurance, patents, etc.)
● We monitor the safety and technical health of transport (the presence of seat belts and car seats for children and the availability of conditions for PWDs - there is one car that is adapted for PWDs)
● We track the time of drivers while driving
● We check the competence, experience and feedback of the driver’s.
● We monitor the comfort and cleanliness of transport
● We drive only during the daytime
● We check the availability of a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher and other necessary means
● We follow the obligations of safe driving and observance of traffic rules.
● We check the availability of permits for border areas.
● We choose the size and type of vehicle depending on the size of the group
● We optimize routes so that the time in transport does not take longer than necessary
● We try to ensure that vehicles used on tours do not cause more than average pollution
● We train our drivers in the principles of economical driving, which helps not only to reduce fuel consumption, operating costs, but also to make the environment safer and cleaner
Objects of accommodation
We are trying to create a fully sustainable tourism supply chain. Accommodations for partners play an important role in achieving this, they stimulate and motivate to adapt sustainable working methods.
● Accommodation facilities are selected in accordance with the standards of the company, the specifics of the tour, the budget and the specifics of the tourist
● We check that the accommodation facilities are officially legally registered and comply with the laws of the Kyrgyz Republic (including that the employees of the facility have employment contracts, decent working conditions, and there are no forced or child labor)
All accommodation facilities we cooperate with are owned by local residents and 680 of their employees are representatives of the local community
● All our facilities are in good technical condition and comply with health and safety standards, for example, they all have a first-aid kit, fire-fighting equipment
● We check the technical condition of the building and the environmental friendliness of building materials
● The offered food is always of high quality, fresh and, if possible, grown and produced in Kyrgyzstan; we buy meat, vegetables and dairy products from farmers who live near the property
● When choosing accommodation facilities, we try to choose those who care about the environment (sort waste, abandon disposable plastic, have water and energy meters installed and try to reduce their consumption, have purification facilities for the safe disposal of wastewater, use chemicals with a low content of toxic substances, use energy-saving lamps and equipment)
● We have a clear preference for dwellings that have sustainability certification, such as Travelife or at least a published sustainability policy, and take concrete action in this direction
● We train all our partners in the principles of sustainable tourism, protection of human rights, protection of children's rights, ethics in business and environmental management
Meals and drinks
Food is a very important element of the trip, which greatly influences the overall impression of the visited region. We make sure that the food and drinks on our tours are tasty, fresh, safe, ecological and represent our local area and culinary traditions as much as possible, as well as that the amount of waste in the process of preparing and serving food is minimized.
● We check that the cafes and restaurants we cooperate with are officially legally registered and comply with the laws of the Kyrgyz Republic (including that employees have employment contracts, decent working conditions, and there are no forced or child labor)
● Encouraging tourists about local food and how food and certain foods relate to our culture; we try to include the maximum number of national and regional dishes in the menu during the tours, but at the same time we warn tourists about the specific ingredients and flavors of our dishes.
● We respect the preferences of tourists in food (upon prior request, we will prepare meals taking into account dietary preferences and allergies, for example, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free, etc.)
● We minimize food waste, for example, we optimize the portion size.
● We do not offer water in individual disposable bottles - instead, upon arrival, we give each tourist a reusable bottle, and we offer water from a large 19 liter bottle, a plastic bottle, but it is reusable.
● When serving food in establishments, as well as during hikes, we do not use disposable tableware; we have reusable glasses, mugs, plates and cutlery.
● For snacks while hiking in the mountains, in the absence of reusable tableware, we use paper lunch bags.
During our tours, we protect the authenticity of communities and the environment, and we are totally against harming wildlife and polluting the environment. We strive to maximize the positive impact and minimize the negative impact on the destination in order to ensure the sustainable development of the places in which we operate.
● We do not offer excursions that harm people, animals, plants, natural resources, or that are socially and culturally unacceptable;
● We take into account aspects of sustainability in the process of choosing new directions and offer alternative, non-main directions
● We comply with the legal norms of spatial planning, protected areas and natural and cultural heritage
● Whenever possible, we refuse, or at least minimize travel to destinations in which nature suffers greatly from the negative impact of tourism and monitor the total load of natural places
● We support the conservation of biodiversity, including protected areas and areas of high biodiversity in our routes
● When traveling to natural areas, we refuse from disposable plastic, and also do not leave garbage (we collect it and safely dispose of it at designated points)
● We do not promote souvenirs containing endangered species of flora and fauna, as specified in the CITES Treaty and the IUCN Red List; or historical and archaeological artifacts (except as permitted by law)
● We cooperate with the local administration and other industry representatives to encourage and promote sustainable tourism development in the areas in which we operate
● We inform guests about behavior during excursions and activities with an emphasis on respect for local people and communities, local culture, nature and the environment
Excursions with participation of animals
We love our animals, wild and domestic, and therefore always take care of their rights and welfare. If you come across animals such as horses or golden eagles on our tours, you can be sure that they are well fed, healthy and living a happy life.
● We do not offer any excursions involving wild animals in captivity, except for properly regulated activities in accordance with local, national and international legislation;
● We have nothing common with companies that harvest, consume, exhibit, sell or trade species of wild animals, unless it is part of a regulated activity that ensures that their use is sustainable and in accordance with local, national and international laws;
● We think twice when organizing tours with animals
● We select experienced suppliers who comply with the norms and laws of the Kyrgyz Republic, and treat their animals with care and responsibility
● We instruct tourists on how properly behave themselves with animals in order to avoid any risks; drunk tourists or tourist having drugs are not allowed to approach the animals
● All guides are trained in safety principles and will react quickly if something happens
● We monitor the safety of both tourists and animals.
● Animals meet veterinary requirements.
● All animals that take part in tours or shows are fed, live in good conditions, treat them with care (owners do not beat the animal)
● When planning tours, we take into account the climate, the terrain of the tours, the load and the maximum time of use
Special rules for horse riding tours
- We work with professionals, with service providers with whom we have been working for many years. Our service provider selects experienced horse guides, horses for us, depending on the experience of the tourist and the nature of the animal, checks the availability of appropriate equipment (the presence of a horseshoe, etc.)
- Equipment - we do not use a Kyrgyz saddle,
- Our company has a sufficient number of helmets and gaiters with which we provide every tourist.
- We check the carrying capacity of the horse (person - up to 100-110 kg)
- Distance on horseback riding tours is a maximum of 25-30 km per day, usage of horse - 6 hours in mountain conditions, on a straight track - 8 hours
- We carry out safety briefings for tourists
- We train horse guides - they are all over 18 years old
Special Rules for Birds of Prey Shows
- We do not take the services of the show that use birds from the Red Book (falcons)
- We check the availability of appropriate equipment (presence of a cap, etc.)
- We do not export birds from their usual habitat
- We do not use live animals for prey in demonstrations
- We observe the appropriate clothes of tourists (no hanging elements in clothes)
- We suggest the tourists not to use a drone when filming
- Upon reaching the mating age, birds of prey are released into the wild for breeding.
Guides and tour leaders
We employ only local residents as guides and provide a fair and safe work environment that supports and respects local communities.
● When hiring guides, we comply with legal regulations, decent wages and working conditions
● All our guides and staff have a written employment contract and understand the working conditions
● We give our guides the entire specific instructions regarding the professional and ethical service of guests.
● All our guides know the rules of health and safety, know how to provide first aid and what to do in case of emergency
● We hire only qualified guides to accompany our guests, precisely when visiting sensitive cultural sites, heritage sites or environmentally sensitive places
● We inform all our guides and contract employees about the company's sustainability policy, and teach the principles of environmental behavior and care for the environment, as well as human rights and the protection of children's rights
● The company provides some of the guides with out-of-season jobs.
The well-being of our customers and their satisfaction are very important to us.
● We provide high-quality and truthful information about our products and services
● We protect private data and confidentiality of clients - we sign agreements with partners on non-disclosure of personal data.
● We care about the health and safety of our guests, therefore we regularly train our staff on how to act in emergencies
● We inform clients even before arrival about how to prepare oneslef for a visit to our country and a specific tour
● We advise our clients on how to travel responsibly and environmentally in our country, how to maintain the local population and culture
● We inform our guests about the key aspects and problems of sustainable development in our country and give recommendations on how to make a positive contribution
● We motivate customers to visit local restaurants and shops and buy local souvenirs, but also warn about illegal souvenirs
● We systematically assess the level of satisfaction of our customers and take measures to improve services and products, and in case of complaints, we consider them and respond quickly.
For questions and remarks related to our sustainability/CSR policies, please contact us by email@example.com